Is your website working for you or are you in need of a web redesign? Read the following questions and add one point for each “yes” response.
- People are unable to find my company by doing a web search on my industry keyword phrases or terms.
- My website copy is.(one point for each “yes” item)
- Too technical
- Outdated or inaccurate
- Too “company” focused (why I’m great)
- Full of more “we’s” than “you’s”
- I have a “copyright 2001” or other expired date at the bottom of my site.
- No one regularly compliments me on my website.
- I am no longer getting orders, new sign-ups or increased activity or traffic on my website each month.
- I am not leading customers along a path to a desired end result (an order, an information request, an e-newsletter subscription, etc.)
- My website was designed five years ago or earlier
- I have a frames-based site
- I’m using white text over a black background
- I do not have popular keyword terms optimized for search engines throughout my website, or if I do, my website tracking program shows that people are not using these terms to find my website
- I have not updated my content on my website at least each month to get people to come back and visit my site
- I have no coupons, special offers or other incentives on my website to entice responses
If you answered “yes” to:
- More than 5 Yes Responses = Your website is in dire need of a refresh! Take drastic action immediately!
- 2 – 4 Yes responses = Not bad. Go back and review your “yes” answers and revise.
- 1 – 2 Yes responses = You’re getting there. A few minor tweaks and you’ll be on your way to having a great website.
- Zero Yes responses = You’re nearly a Web superstar! Keep up the good work!