Spring is in the air and it’s the time of year to begin taking advantage of the great outdoors. But Spring Fever isn’t just tied to your home or personal activities. In what ways can your business branch out and bring its marketing efforts outdoors? Here are some tactics to bring your marketing efforts outside and get your company some exposure at the same time:
- Putting up retail signage or yard signs outside your place of business (on the door, flags flying above, miniature blimps or the like, with your logo or advertising a sale)
- Sponsoring a hole at an association or industry golf outing
- Sponsoring a charity walk-a-thon, bike-a-thon or other athletic event
- Hosting a picnic, cookout, or outdoor open house for your vendors, partners, prospects and/or employees
- Scheduling an outdoor, fun “outing” for the above (racetrack or go-carting, miniature or regular golf, trip to a local zoo, concert or other outdoor event)
- Maximizing corporate vehicles with new or updated vehicle signage
- Putting your advertisement or logo on a bus, train or truck
- Considering billboard advertising if your message would benefit with visibility from drive-by traffic
- Hire a person to stand outside your office with a sandwich board or in a themed costume with your company name/message to attract attention (think Halloween costumed people in October or the Uncle Sam standing on the corner at tax time).
- Sending outdoor marketing promotional items to prospects in the mail or at tradeshows or events (such as golf accessories, gardening items, picnic tools or other outdoor toys with your logo, phone and/or website on them)
- Tying your marketing messages, discounts and promotions and publicity efforts into spring- or outdoor-related themes.
These are just a few examples of what you could do, but the possibilities are endless. Take advantage of the Spring season and maybe you’ll just maximize the return on your marketing investment!