Keeping up with the ritual of posting regular content to your blog can prove daunting. Have you considered hiring a ghost blogger or blog writing service, but wondered if it was right for you or your business? Here are some things to consider and tips to make it work:
- Outsource to a ghost blogger who is committed to learning your business really well. This will enable them to capture your voice and industry, and that the topics adequately speak to your customers and sales goals.
- If you are uncertain whether a ghost blogger will really represent your name well, consider one of two options: 1) Write the blog posts yourself, but consider that your blog posts may not be as regular or frequent as if they were outsourced to a ghost blogger or 2) Have the ghost blogger pen the blogs in his/her own name, but as a representative of your company.
- Always review blog posts before they go live. That way you can make edits to ensure all information is accurate and add your own special touches to the blog post.
- If your industry is highly regulated, make sure that all content has been approved by the appropriate departments or agencies before submitting the post.
- Sit down with your ghost blogger and come up with a list of 10-20 blog topics that he/she can write about. Then prioritize the blog topics if you can. Continually add to this list.
- Always be on the lookout for new blog topics to pass along to your ghost blogger. It could be something a customer said in passing, something you read in the newspaper, or a recent trend.
- Keep in mind the keyword phrases that are relevant to your industry and to driving traffic to your website. This is important to ensure that your blog posts are properly optimized for search engines.
- Make sure your ghost blogger sets up your social media sites to automatically promote your new blog topics when they are published.
- Have your ghost blogger write several blog posts in advance and schedule them to post at various intervals throughout the month. This ensures routine blog posts and enables you to have content posted during holidays, vacations or other times.
The benefit of hiring a ghost blogger or blog writing service is that you’ll always have regularly scheduled and fresh content on your website. This will help drive traffic to your website through search engines and will keep your website visitors and customers coming back for more.
Contact us at AimFire Marketing if we can assist your company with ghost blogging.
Leave a Reply