Leave it to online casino GoldenPalace.com (the company that paid $28,000 on eBay for the ‘Virgin Mary grilled cheese sandwich’) to come up with another original marketing idea: Advertising on Cows! I almost didn’t believe this when I heard it, so I had to go directly to the source. You can check out pictures of the “branded” cows (I couldn’t resist!) here.
That got me thinking: what other unusual (or less traditional) places might it make sense to advertise your business? So I’ve created a list of unique advertising venues and some potential companies that might consider advertising in these places. Here goes:
Places to Advertise | Potential Advertisers
- On a cow | herbicide company
- On a park bench | bird seed company
- On an automobile | car insurance company or auto repair shop
- On a temporary tattoo | fitness center; health foods store
- On a shopping cart or checkout divider stick | impulse item (gum, batteries) or purchase (dry cleaners, car wash)
- Movie theater screen | soft drink; nearby restaurant, coffee shop or retail establishment
- Grocery store receipt | local retail shop or restaurant
- Back of a baseball ticket | kids sports league; restaurant near the stadium
- Hotel key cards | pizza delivery; tourist destination
- Bar bathroom stall | alcoholic drink; brand of painkillers
- Church bulletin | breakfast or brunch restaurant; Christian bookstore
- These are just a few ideas to get you started. Obviously, if companies are advertising on cows and foreheads, the possibilities are endless!
Have you seen any unusual advertising spots lately? Tell me about it! I’ll be happy to add them to this list!
Leave a Reply